The San Bernardino County Library is offering Western-themed events at several of the system’s 32 branch libraries in September.
The events will feature crafts, balloon artists, face painters and more.
Visitors are encouraged to bring their library cards, because for every 15 items checked out during the events they will receive a cowboy hat and an opportunity drawing ticket, according to a news release. Activities are free and open to all ages.
Following is the schedule of Western-themed events.
• Sept. 13: 4-6 p.m. at the Newton T. Bass Library, 14901 Dale Evans Parkway, Apple Valley.
• Sept. 14: 4-6 p.m. at the Sam J. Racadio Library and Environmental Learning Center, 7863 Central Ave., Highland.
• Sept. 22: 4-7 p.m. at the Hesperia Branch Library, 9650 Seventh Ave., Hesperia.
• Sept. 27: 4-7 p.m. at the Lewis Library and Technology Center, 8437 Sierra Ave., Fontana.
• Sept. 29: 3- 5 p.m. at the Phelan Branch Library, 9800 Clovis Road, Phelan.
Western-themed paint night programs will be held at the following library branches.
• Sept. 17: 1-3 p.m. at the Running Springs Branch Library, 2677 Whispering Pines, Running Springs.
• Sept. 23: 4-5:30 p.m. at the Yucaipa Branch Library, 12040 Fifth St., Yucaipa.
• Sept. 24: 2 p.m. at the Yucca Valley Branch Library, 57271 Twentynine Palms Highway, Yucca Valley.
For information about the San Bernardino County Library system, go to sbclib.org/ or call 909-387-2220.