San Bernardino burglary suspect now charged with raping a woman – San Bernardino Sun



A San Bernardino man suspected of burglary has been identified as a suspect in a February rape in which he climbed through a woman’s window and sexually assaulted her as she slept in her bed, San Bernardino police said Tuesday, July 5.

The suspect was identified as 31-year-old Anthony Andrew Cifuentes, the San Bernardino Police Department said in a news release. The San Bernardino County District Attorney’s Office charged Cifuentes with rape, assault with intent to commit rape and two counts of burglary, police said.

“If found guilty on all charges, Cifuentes could face a sentence of life in prison,” the Police Department said in a news release.

On Feb. 15, a suspect entered a San Bernardino woman’s home by forcing open a kitchen window and proceeded to sexually assault her while she slept in her bed, police said. At the time, the suspect’s identity wasn’t immediately known.

On Feb. 22, Cifuentes was caught on an interior surveillance camera after he broke into a San Bernardino home and burglarized it, authorities said. In the video, Cifuentes was seen standing over and staring at the victims as they slept, police said.

Cifuentes was identified as the suspect in the Feb. 22 incident and was arrested on April 11, officials said.

Since then, detectives obtained more evidence to link Cifuentes to the Feb. 15 sexual assault investigation after serving a search warrant at his home, authorities said.

Detectives believe there may be additional victims and are asking potential victims to file a police report, the Police Department said.

It wasn’t immediately clear if Cifuentes was represented by an attorney.

Anyone with information regarding the incidents was asked to contact Detective W. Porch at 909-384-5640 or at  porch_wi@sbcity.org



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *