The convenience-store chain 7-Eleven has offered $100,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of whoever was responsible for a string of attempted or successful robberies in Southern California earlier this week that left two dead and three injured, company officials said Wednesday, July 13.
A clerk was shot and killed in Brea, and another man was gunned down just outside of a 7-Eleven in Santa Ana early Monday morning during five hours when six 7-Elevens were victimized.
Brea 7-Eleven clerk killed by gunman helped people down on their luck
Other chain stores that were hit were in La Habra, where two were injured; Ontario; Riverside, with one customer getting gravely struck; and Upland.
No arrest had been announced in the case. Most of the involved police agencies says they believe the crimes were by the same suspect, caught in surveillance video wearing a hoodie and a mask.
The violence prompted the chain to suggest that franchises in greater Los Angeles close the first two nights after the shootings. It was unclear if that same recommendation would be issued for a third night.
Tipsters can call police; they can also anonymously contact the Orange County Crime Stoppers at 855-TIP-OCCS.